RETAINED LIFE ESTATES
gift features and benefits
- Preserve your lifetime use and control of your home or farm
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction
- Remove a taxable asset from your estate
- Experience the satisfaction of making a significant gift now that benefits PBS12 later
how a life estate works
- You transfer the title to your residence, farm, or vacation home to PBS12, reserving a life tenancy for yourself
- A life estate may be retained for one or more lives (passed down through family) or it may be retained for a term of years
- You are responsible for all routine expenses, maintenance fees, property taxes, repairs, etc
- Your gift will provide you with income tax benefits in the year of the gift as well as estate tax benefits
- The property passes to PBS12 when your life estate ends
legal details for your attorney
PBS12 legal name and address: Colorado Public Television, Inc., is a 501(c) 3 tax-exempt charitable organization, located at 2900 Welton Street, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80205.
PBS12 Federal Tax ID: 84-072-3918
please let us know
By informing PBS12 of your plans, you help us prepare for the future and, equally important, you give us the chance to thank you for your generous gift!
With gifts of this kind, you will automatically become a member of PBS12’s 12 Trust. Please contact Cristina Gonzales at 303.296.1212 or by email at cgonzales@PBS12.org to let us know that you are a new member!
If you wish your gift to remain anonymous, we pledge not to publish or disclose your identity. Everything will be held in strictest confidence, but you will still enjoy the benefits of your membership.