Celebrate the exhibit opening of Storyland: A Trip Through Childhood Favorites™. Join us for fun interactive activities for the whole family! Special Activities include: Story Time – Listen to storytellers ready from the
Celebrate the exhibit opening of Storyland: A Trip Through Childhood Favorites™. Join us for fun interactive activities for the whole family!
Special Activities include:
- Story Time – Listen to storytellers ready from the treasured children’s classics featured in the exhibit: “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie,” “Tuesday,” “Where’s Spot?,” “Peter Rabbit,” “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom,” “The Snowy Day” and “Abuela.”
- Gone Fishing – “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” encourages children to point out the shapes, names and sounds of letters. Join us for a fun “fishing” activity to help develop your little ones’ literacy!
- Leaping Lily Pads – Children will hop around like the frogs in the story “Tuesday,” but only when the music is playing! Join us for this musical chairs game that celebrates the fun and whimsy of this children’s book.
- Where’s Spot? – Our very own plush Spot will be hiding in our Globeology exhibit. Take the tour and see if you can find him! (Hint: he will be proudly wearing CU gear.)
- Rhyme Time! – This BINGO-style game will challenge students’ rhyming skills. Each board will have a unique set of words with matching pictures— but will they rhyme with the word that’s called? They’ll have to in order to win!
- Storytelling Scramble – Does this story make sense? Students will explore narrative by rearranging pages from a storybook so that it matches the illustrations and tells a story.
- Magnet Magic – Make your own magical story with our magnetic word wall.
- Mr. McGregor’s Garden – Children will learn about and taste the vegetables from Beatrix Potter’s beloved classic, “The Tale of Peter Rabbit.” Help your little ones realize that vegetables can be tasty, too!
(Saturday) 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
CU South Denver
10035 S. Peoria St, Lone Tree, CO 80134
CU South Denver