Experience the joy and heartbreak of love and romance when One Night Stand Theater presents “Roses and Thorns: A One Night Stand Valentine” on Sunday, February 12, 7:00 p.m. at
Experience the joy and heartbreak of love and romance when One Night Stand Theater presents “Roses and Thorns: A One Night Stand Valentine” on Sunday, February 12, 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theater in Aurora.
This one-night-only production features short plays that explore romantic relationships from the first date to the final goodbye:
• Love at first sight meets undecipherable gibberish at a city bus stop in “Mim and Max” by Ken Crost.
• A man takes an awkward journey in an elevator with a beautiful woman in “Up and Down” by Jeffrey Wolf.
• A Southern belle must survive a date from hell in a desperate attempt to no longer be single in “Trixie’s Last Date with the Boogeyman” by David-Matthew Barnes.
• Max and Elle share an awkward and rather telling “morning after” talk about grammar in “Dangling Participles” by Jeffrey Neuman.
• Black Cat and Silver Lightning battle over good, evil and their troubled relationship in “Love You Bad” by Emma Reinhart.
• Mr. and Mrs. Woore learn that even murder can’t stop them from fighting in “Beige” by Dan Weatherer.
The evening also features the poems “Flaming Passion” and “I’d Want It to Be You” by Linda Berry and a scene from Rebecca Gorman O’Neill’s “The Ghosts of Us” about the bitter side of love.
(Sunday) 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm