One Night Stand Theater presents an evening of drink, legal and illegal highs, and compulsive behavior in “Intoxicated!” on Sunday, August 5, 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theater in Aurora. This
One Night Stand Theater presents an evening of drink, legal and illegal highs, and compulsive behavior in “Intoxicated!” on Sunday, August 5, 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theater in Aurora.
This one-night-only production features short plays and stories about excess and indulgence:
- There’s more to life than great art for a beer company adman in “Fat Buddy’s Beer vs. Michelangelo” by Edith Weiss.
- A barfly assists with a brief lesson in bartending in “Bar Code” by Linda Berry.
- A man seeks help from a hotline for his weird addiction in “Poison Control” by Rebecca Gorman O’Neill.
- A dispute over loud music leads to bizarre compulsive behavior in “Quiet” by Patrick Gabridge.
- A cooking show goes wildly off course due to a crucial ingredient in “My Mother’s Rum Cake Recipe” by Linda Berry.
- A night of disco and weed in 1970s Denver collides with the law in “Lucky” by Edwin Forrest Ward.;
“Most of the plays in the show take a comic look at intoxication, though we’ll have some darker moments as well,” says James O’Leary, One Night Stand Theater’s artistic director. “I like to think of it as the feel-too-good show of the summer.”
One Night Stand Theater is a Denver-area theater company that has presented one-night-only evenings of theatrical staged readings for the past nine years, each with its own theme. Performances have featured folk tales, American history, old-time radio, Hollywood, and plays about war, romance, and world travel.
“Intoxicated!” takes place on Sunday, August 5 at 7:00 p.m. at the Vintage Theatre, located at 1468 Dayton St., one half-block south of Colfax Avenue in Old Downtown Aurora. The show is recommended for mature audiences. Tickets are $10. To make reservations, e-mail email@example.com or phone 303-725-4959. More information is available at www.onenightstandtheater.org and at the One Night Stand Theater Facebook page.
(Sunday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm