One Night Stand Theater invites audiences to an evening of comedy and drama on Saturday, December 9 when they present “In the Works” at the Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) Theatre in
One Night Stand Theater invites audiences to an evening of comedy and drama on Saturday, December 9 when they present “In the Works” at the Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) Theatre in Lakewood.
Actors from One Night Stand Theater will perform staged readings of short plays by Red Rocks Community College playwrighting students and theatre department faculty in this one-night-only performance:
- Rival suburban soccer moms take their sideline snacks way too seriously in “The Snack Queens” by David-Matthew Barnes.
- Three Irish grave-diggers contemplate life, death, and their current corpse in “Grave Digging” by Tyler Davis.
- A clandestine meeting is held to record the testimony of the last “American Girl” by Tami Canaday.
- A young couple grapples with a fatal diagnosis and a new life in “Five Months and Twenty-Nine Days” by Mackenzie Smith.
- Moonshine and Blaze chill with a burglar on a beautiful afternoon in “Hippies Running the World” by Franklin Cole.
- A newly hired caregiver struggles with a dementia patient in “Mr. Norman” by Rebecca Rauh.
- A door-to-door salesman offers a fresh start for burnt-out humans in “Dog House” by Levi Zavorotny.
“This is the third year we have featured the ‘In the Works’ showcase at Red Rocks,” said One Night Stand Theater artistic director James O’Leary. “The plays this year feature old and new friends, happy and unhappy marriages, shifting social mores and standings, and a burglar and salesman thrown in for fun.”
While One Night Stand Theater productions usually take place on Sunday nights at the Vintage Theater in Aurora, this Saturday-night production will be preented at Red Rocks Community College in Lakewood for the convenience of the playwrights’ families and friends.
One Night Stand Theater is a Denver-area theater company that has presented one-night-only evenings of theatrical staged readings over the past eight years, each with its own theme. Past performances have featured the Wild West, old-time radio, Shakespeare, Hollywood, and plays about war, romance, and the Bible.
“In the Works” performs on Saturday, December 9 at 7:00 p.m. at the Red Rocks Community College Theatre (west entrance, downstairs), 13300 W. 6th Avenue in Lakewood. Admission is free, with a suggested donation of $10. The evening is recommended for mature audiences. To make reservations, e-mail email@example.com or phone 303-725-4959. More information is available at www.onenightstandtheater.org and at the One Night Stand Theater Facebook page.
(Saturday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Red Rocks Community College Theatre
13300 W. 6th Ave., Lakewood, CO 80228
One Night Stand Theater