This year marks the 20th year where military groups, veterans, Gold Star families and community members from across Colorado will gather to honor the service and sacrifice of fallen military
This year marks the 20th year where military groups, veterans, Gold Star families and community members from across Colorado will gather to honor the service and sacrifice of fallen military heroes from wars past and present over Memorial Day weekend. For the first time, the Tribute will also recognize the service and sacrifice of 9/11 first responders.
The Veterans Memorial Day Tribute coordinates this special event to give family members, veterans and the community a way to remember, reflect and honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. All ages are welcome.
The two-hour Tribute includes:
- Images and biographies of fallen heroes
- Recognition of Gold Star Families – families whose military member died while in service.
- Wreath Ceremony – veterans from past wars lay wreaths remembering the fallen from World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf War and the War on Terror.
- Reading of the Names – fallen hero names are read in conjunction with the US Navy Bell toll
- Respectful stories – learn about fallen heroes
- Military officials, groups, veterans and 9/11 first responder recognition
- Musical ensemble with bagpipes, hand bells and singers
The Veterans Memorial Day Tribute is held annually the Saturday prior to Memorial Day. Please visit Veterans Memorial Day Tribute on Facebook for the latest information or call 303-912-9980.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm