Join 350 Colorado members from across the state for our first-ever virtual Climate Lobby Week starting Saturday, March 13th. This year, we are going online, offering a powerful
Join 350 Colorado members from across the state for our first-ever virtual Climate Lobby Week starting Saturday, March 13th. This year, we are going online, offering a powerful opportunity to advocate for climate justice and bold climate legislation, all while protecting one another from the ongoing health and social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
During this week of action, you will have the opportunity to speak with Colorado lawmakers, urging them to pass ambitious climate legislation that is at scale with the defining crisis of our time: the climate crisis. With only about a decade left to make the transformations necessary to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis, it is now more important than ever to speak up for the planet and demand that legislators make climate change their top priority.
March 15th through March 19th is Climate Lobby Week!
We are excited for you to join us over the course of the week as we meet with legislators, asking them to make climate change their number one issue and urging them to enthusiastically vote in support of the following priority bills:
– Call on PERA to divest from fossil fuels and invest in local, clean energy jobs and infrastructure.
– Call for the enabling of public banking in our state, providing much-needed alternatives to banking with large commercial banks who are funding the climate crisis.
– Support strong plastics regulations and a local ban repeal.
– Support Community Choice Energy
– Call for strong air toxics emissions protections.
– Support Demand Side Management and promote energy efficiency and renewables.
Please register at this link and we’ll send you follow up information and everything you need to know to participate. (*You can also register at this link for a training on Climate Lobby Week to be held March 13th).
We look forward to seeing you!
15 (Monday) 12:00 am - 19 (Friday) 12:00 am